The Research Program on the “Economics of Knowledge Contribution and Distribution” has a post-doctoral fellowship position available for 2013-14. Candidates should have a recently completed PhD and have a research proposal related to the following areas.
- The impact of open scientific publication on research outcomes and dissemination.
- The motivations and constraints on the sharing of scholarly knowledge.
- Measures of scientific impact and interactions with research incentives, openness and career paths.
- Platforms for fostering scientific collaboration.
- Contractual mechanisms in the management and funding of scientific research.
- Equilibrium models of scientific disclosure and research diversity.
- Interactions between intellectual property protection, commercial concerns and scientific openness.
This research program is funded by the Sloan Foundation and co-directed by Joshua Gans (Toronto) and Fiona Murray (MIT). For more details please visit contributioneconomy.net. Please send your CV and proposal to Joshua Gans (email@example.com) by May 7th, 2013.